Your Workplace Emergency Plan
Emergencies can strike anyone, anytime, anywhere. If a disaster should occur while you're at work, you need to have a plan for how to respond. Below are some general guidelines for preparing for an emergency at the workplace.
Know your workplace emergency plan (PDF) and alert system by:
- Participating in fire drills and don't ignore fire alarms
- Making sure you know how to get to stair exits
- Knowing who your fire marshals are
- Keeping an emergency supply kit at your workplace
- Knowing locations of common emergency equipment, including AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators) and first aid kits
Take first aid and CPR classes
Learn more about knowing or creating your workplace/business emergency plan.