YOUR WORKPLACE EMERGENCY PLAN
Emergencies can strike anyone, anytime, anywhere. If a disaster should occur while you're at work, you need to have a plan for how to respond. Below are some general guidelines for preparing for an emergency at the workplace.
- Know your workplace emergency plan and alert system:
- Participate in fire drills and don't ignore fire alarms
- Make sure you know how to get to stair exits
- Know who your fire marshals are.
- Keep an emergency supply kit at your workplace.
- Know locations of common emergency equipment, including:
- AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators)
- First Aid kit
- Take First Aid and CPR classes.