There are many ways you can get involved in helping ensure emergency preparedness for your family, your community, and other residents in Pennsylvania:
- Join our Ready PA team at a preparedness event. Reach out to us if you're interested.
- Citizen Corps — Citizen Corps, a vital component of USA Freedom Corps, was created to help coordinate volunteer activities that will make our communities safer, stronger, and better prepared to respond to any emergency situation. It offers a variety of programs to help people make their families, their homes, and their communities safer from the threats of crime, terrorism, and disasters of all kinds. Citizen Corps is coordinated nationally by the Department of Homeland Security.
- ServPa — This web site offers an opportunity for PA residents to sign up for volunteer opportunities in advance for use in emergency situations.
Other Ways to Get Involved
In addition to the above resources, you can consider:
- Contacting the American Red Cross to find out how to donate blood.
- Contacting the relief agencies/organizations in your area to see what they may need, such as clothing or food.
- Take a Citizen Corps related training, such as Community Emergency Response Training.
- Taking a Basic First Aid or CPR class. Check your local hospital or Red Cross chapter for offerings in your area.