A bimonthly newsletter featuring content for those in the emergency management world.
To receive the emailed bimonthly EMergent News in your inbox, please send an email to our team.
- November-December (PDF): (Boots on the Ground: Opioids: An Emergency Management Problem; FEMA Updates; Lions, Lifeguards, and Compassion: Fatigue in the Opioid Epidemic; Pennsylvania Snow Squall Impact Study; Where in the World is PEMA; Legislative Update; PA Disaster History; Grants Update; Training Update)
- July-August (PDF): (Boots on the Ground: Slip Sliding Away, PEMA Director Update, PA Landslides, Hurricane Mapping, 2018 Hurricane Season, Legislative Update, Engaging Faith Based Organizations, Grants Update, SPR/THIRA, PA Fireworks Law, PA Disaster History, Training Update, Emergency Manager Tool Of The Month)
- May-June (PDF): (Boots on the Ground: Wild Fire, Fire Weather, Spotlight: Training Solutions, Available Training, Private Sector in Chester County, Grants Update, CERT and SART, State News, From the Feds, It's a Circus Out There and Other Disaster History)
- March-April (PDF): (Boots on the Ground: Lycoming County, Opioiod Update, Spotlight: Jefferson County EMA, Happy 50th Birthday 9-1-1, Flash Flooding Case Study, FEMA PrepTalk, PA Disaster History, PA VOAD, Upcoming Training)
- January-February (PDF): (Boots on the Ground: Erie County, Spotlight: Saville EMA, NFIP Update, PEMA Hosted the FEMA Advanced Academy, Winter Fire Safety, PA Response to the Opioid Crisis, Title 35 Update, Predicting Ice Jams, PASART, Upcoming Training)