A bimonthly newsletter featuring content for those in the emergency management world.
To receive the emailed bimonthly EMergent News in your inbox, please send an email to our team.
New and Recent Issues of EMergent News
The November-December EMergent News (PDF) features information about:
- Updated Radiological Directive D2019-5
- NFIP Award – Bloomsburg, Columbia County
- Winter Weather Preparedness
- Radiation Specialist Course Announcement, Meridian, MS
- Keystone Emergency Management Agency (KEMA)
- PA VOAD News
- 2019 Great ShakeOut Results
- PEMA Grants Update
- FEMA Update
- Save the Date – 2020 Governor’s Emergency Preparedness Summit
- PA Disaster History – Braznell Mine Explosion, Monongahela, PA, 1905
- PEMA Training Update
The July-August EMergent News (PDF) features information about: Floodplain management; National Flood Insurance Program Mitigation Minute; Excessive Rainfall Outlooks from the National Weather Service's Weather Prediction Center; National Night Out 2019; PEMA Grants Update; FEMA Update; 2019 Lehigh Valley Shelter Simulation; PA Disaster in History: Austin Dam Flood Disaster; September is National Preparedness Month: 30 Days/30 Ways; PEMA Training Update; Emergency Manager Tool of the Month: Elected Officials Fact Sheet
May-June EMergent News (PDF): Boots on the Ground: PA State Animal Response Team; Senior Leadership Toolkit; Mitigation Minute; Restore PA Initiative; National Night Out; PEMA Grants Update; New Regional III Hurricane Program Manager; IA Declarations; PA Disaster in History -- Orwigsburg/Schuylkill Haven, Schuylkill County, June 1959; ReadyPA Lightning Preparedness and Safety; CERT News; PEMA Training Update; Emergency Manager Tool of the Month: PA Emergency Preparedness Guide
: Boots on the Ground: Activate the Plan; CERT Update; Pennsylvania Lions Disaster Relief Team; Pennsylvania Traffic Incident Management E-Learning Course; 2018 Weather Review; PA Disaster History, Royalton, PA – January 12, 1929; PA Silver Jackets – Ice Jam Training; PEMA Grants Update; PSATS Training; PEMA Training Update; Featured Emergency Manager Tool: PA Floodplain Management and Flood Insurance Information available on PEMA web page.
- November-December (PDF): Boots on the Ground: Opioids: An Emergency Management Problem; FEMA Updates; Lions, Lifeguards, and Compassion: Fatigue in the Opioid Epidemic; Pennsylvania Snow Squall Impact Study; Where in the World is PEMA; Legislative Update; PA Disaster History; Grants Update; Training Update
- July-August (PDF): Boots on the Ground: Slip Sliding Away, PEMA Director Update, PA Landslides, Hurricane Mapping, 2018 Hurricane Season, Legislative Update, Engaging Faith Based Organizations, Grants Update, SPR/THIRA, PA Fireworks Law, PA Disaster History, Training Update, Emergency Manager Tool Of The Month
- May-June (PDF): Boots on the Ground: Wild Fire, Fire Weather, Spotlight: Training Solutions, Available Training, Private Sector in Chester County, Grants Update, CERT and SART, State News, From the Feds, It's a Circus Out There and Other Disaster History
- March-April (PDF): Boots on the Ground: Lycoming County, Opioiod Update, Spotlight: Jefferson County EMA, Happy 50th Birthday 9-1-1, Flash Flooding Case Study, FEMA PrepTalk, PA Disaster History, PA VOAD, Upcoming Training
- January-February (PDF): Boots on the Ground: Erie County, Spotlight: Saville EMA, NFIP Update, PEMA Hosted the FEMA Advanced Academy, Winter Fire Safety, PA Response to the Opioid Crisis, Title 35 Update, Predicting Ice Jams, PASART, Upcoming Training